Associate Faculty of the Institute are those professors and lecturers from the College of Ethnic Studies or any SF State Department who (1.) submit a project proposal to the Institute Director and College Dean for consideration and have their proposal accepted, or who (2.) collaborate with current Institute faculty to bring in an already funded project.
What do we provide to faculty?
- A nationally recognized institution with links to national leaders and scholars.
- Access to professional staff -- research assistance, communications staff, statistician and student researchers
- Grant writer and fundraising support
- Publicity and publication possibilities
- Budgeting and grant management support
- Office and meeting spaces
- Peer feedback
What do we need from you?
- Good ideas and dedication to understand and impact change in our communities.
- A committment to help develop a research agenda on issues of health, education or self-determination.
- Be part of a team that advances the institute’s agenda through meetings with community partners, potential donors, and government.
- Work on projects for external funding, writing grants or joining ongoing efforts.
- Provide peer feedback to fellow faculty and and mentorship to student assistants.